How long we will need to hold on to your personal information and the reasons for this will vary depending upon the nature of the personal information and the purpose of the processing.
Below, we have set out brief details of the retention periods (and related reasons) that apply to some of the personal information we hold. You can find out more about the retention periods that will apply to your personal information here.
Unless you have asked us (and we have agreed) to store your personal information for a longer period, we won’t hold on to your personal information longer than is necessary for the relevant purpose and once we no longer require it, we will ensure that it is disposed of securely.
| CATEGORY||RETENTION PERIOD AND REASONS|
| Personal information relating to our clients|
- We will retain your personal information after we have finished acting for you for one or more of the following reasons:
- To respond to any questions, complains or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- So that we can evidence how we have compiled with our contractual, legal and regulator obligations;
- To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We will generally retain your personal information for a period of 6 years.
| CCTV recordings|
- CCTV images are stored on a hard drive for 30 days for reference purposes.
- In the event that any CCTV imagery is required in connection with a security incident, it is copied on to a disk and retained until the relevant incident has been dealt with (whether internally or externally by law enforcement agencies).
| Contact details for direct marketing purposes|
- We will retain and use your contact details until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us.