When looking to resolve family issues many shy away from seeking legal advice, worrying that matters may be taken out of their hands or become over-complicated and costly.
In fact, a good solicitor will advise you on all your available options; only stepping in to assist when you ask and helping to solve your problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Given the complex nature of matrimonial and family law, it’s no surprise that there are a vast array of commonly-held misconceptions. So be careful - it’s vitally important to base your decisions on fact, not fiction.
Over the next few weeks, Geldards’ family law specialists will be taking a look at a few interesting cases including:
- Parental Gifts – How do you make sure your loved ones feel the benefit?
- Clean Breaks – Can an Ex lay claim to your newly found fortune?
- Cohabitation – Is there such thing as a ‘common law marriage'?
- Pre-nuptial Agreement - What can you protect before you get married?
- Mediation - Is it essential?
- Father’s rights – Do fathers have the same rights as mothers?
Written by specialist lawyers from the Geldards’ Family team, the ‘In Fact’ series will provide you with a succinct, jargon free, guide through sensitive legal situations.
Whilst this series may not relate directly to your current circumstances, we hope that it might prove useful to someone you know – a work colleague, family member or close friend. At the very least, we aim to set the record straight when you’re faced with difficult conversations in the future.
The first item in the series will be with you soon but if you’d like a chat or some information in the meantime, please do get in touch with Fiona Apthorpe or Claire Dean, who will be very happy to help.