Employee Ownership Trusts - Trustee Training Event
Geldards in partnership with J Gadd Associates and Azets is offering a trustee training session for employee trustee directors of Employee Ownership Trusts (“EOTs”).
The sessions will offer an introduction to or “taster” of the key issues that employees appointed as trustee directors should consider in their role. The session will cover:
Understanding the key legal and fiduciary responsibilities as a trustee of an EOT to ensure that:
- Trustees do not act in breach of trust
- Trustees do not trigger an unexpected tax charge
- The distinction between the trust board and the trading board
How trustees can engage with the trading company to carry out their role
- What question should the trustees ask
- How to ask the right questions
- How to get the best out of trustees
Understanding company accounts
- What key financial information should trustees consider
- How to deal with unwelcome information
- When to ask for more information
There will also be plenty of opportunities to discuss any issues arising in a roundtable format and hear from other trustees how they deal with issues in their EOT.
The cost to attend is £100.00 per person. For more information, please contact Andrew Evans.