We have always been at the cutting-edge of developing innovative partnerships and projects in the education sector. We have advised on several Building Schools for the Future projects, academies and 'free schools', large scale grouped schools PFI/PF2 projects, ICT procurement, extended services, school companies and procurement hubs.
Our education team has extensive experience of major school and academy transactions, including:
- The largest schools PFI/PF2 project in England
- Pathfinder ICT schools projects
- The UK’s first parent promoter school
- The first 'free schools' to emerge under Coalition Government plans
- The UK’s first special school built under BSF
- Advising many traditional and converter academies, supporting both sponsors and local authorities
- Advising on procurement of Priority School Building Programme projects and PF2
- Advising multi-academy operators such as the Landau Forte Charitable Trust, The Creative Education
- Academies Trust Learning Schools Trust and The Aldridge Foundation
- Independent schools such as Kerem School and Immanuel College
We understand the objectives of the various parties involved in education projects, including local authorities, schools, governing bodies, foundation trustees, academy sponsors, academy trustees, project managers, contractors and service providers. We provide our clients with the guidance and support necessary to ensure the delivery of cost effective commercial solutions.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
"I have been delighted with the service provided to the Ealing Capital Wave 5 BSF Programme. The team works proactively and responsively with the Council and fully support the wider programme, adding value at every opportunity".
BSF Programme Director, London Borough of Ealing
“The team at Geldards deliver legal advice that is unequivocal, proactive and delivered with a practical consideration of how to manage risk. Our relationship with them is built on this trusted, friendly and collaborative approach.”
BRIAN WALKER - Headteacher, West Park School
“We have worked with Geldards as our legal advisors in respect of property, land, corporate, and employment on several major projects. Their service has been consistently of the highest quality, professional, timely and where necessary robust. I have found their integrated approach with specialist members of their team very effective. They have successfully helped us negotiate our way through some complex situations.”
STEPHEN WHITELEY - Chief Executive, Landau Forte Charitable Trust
To download your copy of our How to Convert Your School to an Academy brochure, please click here: