The financial services sector brings together cutting-edge technology and complex sector-specific regulation. Our lawyers have spent years becoming experts in this area and are able to offer integrated advice in respect of tech sourcing and procurement, data protection, outsourcing regulation and IP. If required, we can incorporate expertise in relation to HR issues, tax and dispute resolution.
We provide advice to a range of clients including large FTSE 100 companies, technology specialists and start-ups, both regulated firms and suppliers. Our experience includes:
- Agile development
- Big data
- IT transformation and IT-enabled outsourcing projects
- Cloud-based solutions including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- AI and Internet of Things
- Advice in respect of platforms and exchanges
- DR and security
- Advice in respect of FCA and PRA regulation around the use of third-party IT suppliers and outsourcing
Recent examples of our work include advising in respect of:
- A leading RegTech firm on its contractual arrangements with financial institutions and white-label distributors.
- Agile development and hosting arrangements for online car purchase and finance arrangement for a leading motor finance company. Drawing up similar arrangements for a leading insurance comparison site.
- Appointed representative agreements and associated outsourcing arrangements between an authorised firm and partner organisations. Commission based agreements on the basis of an introducer and intermediary arrangements.
- Telematics agreements with leading suppliers in the UK and US.
- Regulated business process outsourcing agreements on behalf of a confidential outsourcing supplier with leading companies in the investment management industry
- Secure network agreements with Calastone and Swift.
- Advising on numerous apps, including apps developed to facilitate open banking, telemetry and insurance claims.