Please note that no sale of products or services takes place on this Site. Any agreement to provide legal services to you will be governed by additional terms and conditions which will be provided to you separately.
1.1 Geldards LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC313172. Our registered office is at 4 Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ.
2. Availability and conditions of use
2.1 The Site is made available to you by us. While we make every effort to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee in any way the Site’s continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use by you of the Site. We reserve the right to suspend or cease the operation of the Site from time to time at our sole discretion.
2.2 As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- 2.2.1 not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law or prohibited by these Website Terms;
- 2.2.2 not to defame or disparage anyone or act in a manner which is obscene, derogatory or offensive; and
- 2.2.3 to be responsible for ensuring that your use of the Site is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
2.3 We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Website Terms or any applicable law.
3. Ownership and intellectual property rights
3.1 The Site and all content within the Site is owned and operated by us and/or our licensors.
3.2 Any intellectual property rights (including without limitation all patents, copyright, database rights and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered)) subsisting in the Site and/or any content or material on the Site belong to us and/or our licensors and all rights are reserved for the benefit of ourselves and/or our licensors. Nothing in these Website Terms grants you any rights in the Site or the content within the Site.
3.3 You may use the Site for your personal and non-commercial use. You may print copies of any material on the Site provided:
- 3.3.1 you only use such copies for your own personal use (and do not make them available to or use them on behalf or for the benefit of any third party); and
- 3.3.2 you do not remove any copyright notice, mark, or logo from such copies.
3.4 You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or content obtained from the Site, unless expressly authorised by us. The restrictions set out in this paragraph 3.4 shall not prevent you from:
- 3.4.1 making copies of materials on the Site in accordance with paragraph 3.3; or
- 3.4.2 making temporary copies of the Site as incidental acts during your use of the Site.
4.1 While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise that any such information is or remains accurate, complete and up to date or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you place on information on the Site is at your own risk.
4.2 Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our services and news, features and other websites which may be of interest to you. It does not constitute technical, financial, or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any such purposes.
4.3 Nothing in these Website Terms shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights.
5. Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
6. Hyperlinks and third party sites
6.1 The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to external third party websites. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink or reference to any third party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party’s website, products or services.
6.2 Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
7. Data Protection
7.1 Our use of personal information is governed by data protection law, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018. For more information about how we will use your personal information and comply with data protection law, please see our Privacy Notice.
8. Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all our dealings with clients, third parties and employees. Please see our Diversity & Inclusion page for further details.
9. Warranties and limitation of liability
9.1 As stated above, your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We make no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms (whether express or implied) in relation to the Site, including without limitation as to its completeness, accuracy and currency, content and information or as to satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
9.2 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- 9.2.1 any error or inaccuracies in any information or material within or relating to the Site;
- 9.2.2 the unavailability of the Site for whatsoever reason; and
- 9.2.3 any representation or statement made on the Site.
9.3 Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered (whether direct or indirect) arising from your use of, or reliance on, the Site.
9.4 We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us on the Site or in respect of any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
10.1 If you are in breach of any of the provisions set out in these Website Terms, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, actions, losses, damages or liabilities incurred by us in relation to or arising from such a breach.
11. 1 We reserve the right to vary these Website Terms from time to time without notifying you. By continuing to use and access the Site you agree to be bound by any such variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Website Terms from time to time to inform yourself of any such variations.
11.2 These Website Terms contain the entire understanding and agreement between us and you in relation to your use of the Site and supersede and replace any representation, statement or other communication (whether written or otherwise) made by you or us which is not contained herein.
11.3 Should any part of these Website Terms for any reason be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, it shall be deemed to be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions.
11.4 These Website Terms are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.