We have a strong and long-standing commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
We believe that the interests of the communities where we operate is integral to the way we conduct our business, and key to our success.
Our CSR strategy is based on the talents and values of our people, and currently includes:
- Commitment to a range of fundraising activities in support of both a National charity and numerous regional charities. These have included Barnardos, MIND, Macmillan Cancer Support, Bobath Cymru, Challenge Wales, Tŷ Hafan, Caerphilly Woodlands, Action for Children, Cricket Derbyshire Foundation and Safe & Sound.
- Working with Young Citizens, delivering an innovative programme to enhance school students’ understanding of the law and to encourage interest in legal careers. As the first firm in Wales to support this incentive, we subsequently expanded our engagement across all offices Nationwide.
- Working to improve the life chances of students in under-represented communities to pursue employment opportunities by making the law a viable career path for all those with the ability and ambition to pursue it. We closely mentor students who are interested in pursuing a career in law or a professional services environment, specifically focusing on organisations where students may struggle obtaining training contracts.
- Maintaining diverse and extensive volunteering work. Examples of this currently include providing assistance on a voluntary basis as trustees and office holders to charities and other organisations as well as voluntary school governors for local schools. We also support a variety of community projects including providing legal assistance for asylum seekers.
- Working alongside young children across the UK in partnership with local primary schools to develop reading skills. To date we have experienced success participating in Nottingham’s Year of Reading initiative and have rolled out similar projects across our other offices, where we actively listen and encourage children to improve their literacy skills.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our operations, business dealings and relationships. We pay all our staff the National Living Wage and we have controls in place to ensure Modern Slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or with our suppliers.
We are committed to ensuring that our operations are conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices. We aim to sustain and protect the environment by minimising any adverse impact our activities may have, and actively encourage others to do the same.