Our Commercial Contracts team provide specialist commercial legal advice to businesses of all sizes, we work closely with clients to help them navigate a range of legal issues and offer tailored advice to help businesses to grow and reach their full potential.
We are market leaders with a strong reputation and are consistently ranked in the top tier of the independent Legal 500 directory of lawyers. Acting for a range of different sized organisations in the private, public and charity sectors, we provide straightforward commercial advice on complex and day-to-day contractual requirements.
More than just lawyers, we are experienced business advisers and work closely with our clients to build trusted relationships and successfully guide them in business critical contractual arrangements.
Our contract law team has particular expertise in life sciences, sport, media, entertainment, transport, IT & technology, manufacturing and retail and can provide bespoke contract advice in all of these specialisms.
We are supported by other expert disciplines within Geldards and can advise on the many legal matters which businesses may face including banking and finance, property, tax or employment.
Our areas of expertise include:
- IT/Technology – a team of highly experienced IT lawyers.
- Logistics – including warehouse agreements and consignment stock agreements.
- Managed Services – contracts for the outsourcing of a range of functions to improve efficiency and costs.
- Manufacturing – contract manufacturing agreements, white labelling and packaging agreements, bottling and distilling contracts.
- Sport – award-winning sports lawyers with considerable expertise.
- Media and entertainment – media production and distribution, social media ambassador agreements, digital marketing and business transformation services, music production.
- Major Events – hosting and staging of music, sporting and entertainment events.
- Appointing Agents – advising on contracts of appointment (UK and overseas).
- Collaboration – teaming and collaboration agreements.
- Data Protection – agreements and provisions relating to the processing, transfer and sharing of personal data.
- Distributor Contracts – contracts governing the appointment of a distributor (overseas/domestic) to sell products or services.
- Facilities Agreements – contracts relating to the management of all types of properties.
- Franchising – setting up franchises or reviewing franchise contracts.
- Intellectual property – advising on protection, exploitation and licensing and disputes.
- Leasing and Hiring – standard and finance lease arrangements and state-of-the-art leasing as services contracts.
- Procurement and Supply Chain – tender conditions, call-off contracts, framework agreements and regulated procurements.
- Terms and Conditions of supply – contract terms prepared for use on a regular basis avoiding repeated negotiation.
- Trademark Registration – advice on the registration and renewal of trademarks as well as objections and challenges.
- Subsidy and state aids – including advice on grant agreements and advise on subsidy/state aid law compliance and challenges.
- Competition Law – regulatory advice on the possible impact on the sale and purchase of goods or services.
- Partnership Law – advising partners and partnerships on partnership agreements.