We regularly advise on Freedom of Information (FOIA) and Environmental Information (EIR) issues. We recognise that advances in technology and increased public sector transparency have made compliance in this area more time consuming and burdensome.
Our aim is to use our knowledge and experience to help public bodies ensure compliance with this legislation but with minimal impact on their business. Our information law specialists have a wealth of experience in helping public sector clients to navigate the rules regarding FOI and EIR and can provide support and assistance with:
- Dealing with complex requests for information relating to confidential and commercially sensitive material, including those related to public procurement exercises.
- Advising on the application of appropriate exemptions.
- Dealing with complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Assisting with public interest test arguments and determinations.
- Strategies for dealing with vexatious requestors.
- Responding to ICO enquiries.
- Advice in relation to and representation at appeals before the Information Tribunals in relation to FOIA and EIR.
- Training your Information Governance teams on FOIA and EIR compliance.