Geldards’ expert lawyers in our commercial disputes team protect and advance our clients’ interests in a wide range of business-related disputes and litigation, including contract disputes and director, shareholder and partnership disputes.
Our clients range from individuals to FTSE 100 and international companies. We have particular expertise in the manufacturing, automotive, sport, healthcare and life sciences, retail and food sectors. We are also known for our work with public sector organisations and central government.
We understand the pressures associated with business disputes, so we aim to resolve them quickly and effectively. We seek to align ourselves with your objectives and work closely with you to execute an agreed strategy which delivers the best results.
Our highly skilled team uses negotiation, mediation, adjudication, expert determination, arbitration and litigation to resolve disputes. We are tenacious, thorough, pragmatic and fair. Most disputes settle out of court, but if litigation is unavoidable or is in your interests, we have a proven track record of obtaining results.
Our team is responsive, easy to work with and cost-conscious. Should you need help covering the costs of a dispute, we will discuss with you various funding options including third party funding, insurance, risk-sharing fee agreements and fixed fees.
We deal with disputes of all sizes and profiles, from lower-value claims through to complex, high-value litigation with multiple parties and multi-jurisdictional aspects.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Civil fraud and asset recovery
- Claims arising from the acquisition or disposal of businesses
- Competition litigation and dawn raids
- Construction, infrastructure and engineering disputes
- Contract and supply chain disputes
- Debt recovery
- Defamation and reputation management
- Director, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Employee non-compete and confidentiality disputes
- Equine disputes
- Financial mis-selling claims
- Insolvency and corporate recovery litigation
- Insurance claims and disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- International disputes
- Judicial review, procurement challenges and other public sector disputes
- Mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
- Pensions disputes
- Privacy and data breach litigation
- Product liability
- Professional negligence disputes
- Regulatory prosecutions and defences
- Sports disputes
- Technology disputes