Whether your interest in agriculture and farming is as a hobby or a profession, as a landowner, farmer, tenant or investor, you will be looking for advisers who understand your world. Geldards’ Agricultural team brings together specialist lawyers who share your passion and truly understand the rural sector.
Geldards’ Agricultural consists of a highly experienced team of lawyers who will work with you to advise on all aspects of your legal needs such as: the purchase/sale/development of land and buildings negotiation and drafting of corporate/partnership structures and agreements, farming/land/boundary disputes, negotiating options and renewable energy arrangements, tax implications of clients individual arrangements, the HS2 bill, inheritance tax and estate planning, the impact of relationship breakdowns and family arrangements upon agricultural and equine assets, business and farms.
As an established practice, Geldards agricultural lawyers have been trusted advisers to many clients over the years and have a wealth of experience helping rural landowners and their families protect and make the most of their valuable assets, while planning for the future.
We can help you with advice on:
- Commercial & farm tenancies
- Sale and purchase of agricultural land (including for development purposes)
- Planning issues
- Pre-marriage and post-marriage protection of family assets (including pre nups)
- Preservation of family/agricultural assets and land on divorce and separation
- Children disputes in farming/rural families
- Cohabitation contracts and agreements and arrangements for children of cohabiting parents
- Domestic abuse and violence in rural families
All aspects of Farming or agriculture disputes including:
- Farming partnership disputes
- Right of way disputes
- Breach of contracts
- Employment issues
- Debt recovery
Wills and Estate Planning
- Tax and inheritance planning for farming and landed estates
- Drafting Wills and specialist trusts to protect your assets for future generations
- Specialist succession planning
Farming Business / Agricultural Business
- Diversification of farming land or agricultural businesses
- Farming business structures, shareholder agreements and farming agreements/farming partnerships
- Sale and purchase of farm businesses
- Joint ventures (including advice and drafting of specialist agreements)
- Renewable energy advice (including advising you on maximising the use of green technologies)
- Employment advice for working agricultural centres
For a no-obligation discussion about your needs please contact Geldards’ agriculture law specialists.