Our Automotive lawyers are experienced sector specialists who are passionate about the motor industry. We bring in-depth industry sector knowledge on current issues facing the industry such as supply chain issues, regulatory matters, connectivity and IP matters.
With over twenty years of expertise, our clients include retailers, multi-national vehicle manufacturers, car dealerships, component manufacturers and distributors, supply chain manufacturers and logistics advisers.
Our multi-disciplinary automotive team advises on a wide range of matters from corporate transactions such as business and asset transfers, as well as funding and refinancing deals. We advise on contractual issues for new and used vehicle sales and services and act for hundreds of dealerships throughout the UK, identifying risk early and dealing effectively with customer after-sales disputes.
Our specialist team also provide a full range of employment and HR advice including drafting employment and service agreements, as well as defending claims and negotiated settlements. While our real estate experts advise on the acquisition, planning and construction of new sites and the disposal of dealerships.
With our market-leading expertise and knowledge of industry practices we can provide a full range of commercial and strategic advice on the following:
- Business and asset transfers
- Acquisition and construction of new sites
- Refurbishment of existing sites, environmental issues and contaminated land
- Alternate use and site disposals
- Planning conditions
- Funding, refinancing and restructuring
- Tax and regulatory issues
- Investment and strategic partnerships such as joint ventures between manufacturers and retailers
- Commercial contracts such as supply, logistics, business-critical software and technology agreements
- Protecting and exploiting your intellectual property
- The full range of new & used vehicle B2B and B2C commercial disputes
- Product safety, recall and liability
- Employment and HR advice
- Supply chain
- Connectivity and autonomous driving
- Data Protection
- Distribution agreements, termination and competition issues