We can help with all aspects of estate administration and distribution whether it is in accordance with a Will, or, if there is no Will, under the rules of intestacy. We will ensure that the correct legal, tax and administrative processes are followed. Where there are trusts created by the Will or under the intestacy rules, we can help you to be certain that these trusts are established and run correctly.
We have extensive experience dealing with high-value estates and estates with complex issues involving overseas assets, businesses, farms, shareholdings and investments. We can help you to navigate the complexities and to claim all the tax reliefs to which you, the estate and the estate beneficiaries are entitled.
Where there is the possibility of a dispute, our specialist team of Private Client lawyers are leading experts in the field of contentious trusts and probate and have a national reputation for providing practical, jargon-free advice. We deal with disputes sensitively and when litigation is unavoidable, we aim to find resolution without delay and unnecessary cost. We quickly establish if there are grounds for making or defending a claim and identity the best course of action. Where the dispute involves a charity, our Charities team can advise on legacy disputes.
Over the years we have built a loyal client base and often act for different generations of the same family. We can help plan for the financial security and legacy of successive generations, from a deed of variation on an inheritance to benefit your children or setting up a Trust, we advise on the full range of options for wealth preservation and succession planning.
We advise personal representatives, trustees, individual beneficiaries and charities.
Our Probate Solicitors can advise on:
- Applying for the Grant of Representation and Estate administration
- Contentious Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Cross-jurisdictional issues
- Deeds of Variation
- Estate Probate administration
- Executor and administrative responsibilities
- Inheritance tax
- Issues arising in the absence of a valid Will
- Trusts – creation and administration
Our Contentious Probate Solicitors can help you with:
- Challenging Lifetime Gifts
- Charity legacy disputes
- Contesting a Will
- Disputes around mental capacity or undue influence
- Disputes in the Court of Protection
- Disputes over the management of the affairs of someone who lacks mental capacity
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims
- Maladministration claims
- Trust and Estate disputes