When it comes to tax and trusts, getting the right advice at the right time is critical. Protecting your wealth requires careful thought and considered advice. Our key objective is to build an in-depth understanding of your business and personal circumstances and what matters most to you and to your family.
As your business or other family wealth grows and assets accumulate, your needs will change. Getting to know you well means that we can help you prepare more sophisticated structuring, mitigate exposure to tax and protect your wealth for future generations.
The Private Client team at Geldards can help you make sense of the current tax laws, as well as keep you up to date with any changes. We work hard to make sure our advice is practical, constructive and above all jargon-free.
Recent changes in Inheritance tax (IHT) legislation were designed to make the tax system fairer but as property prices continue to rise, many estates will fall into the tax bracket. However, there is a lot you can do to minimise IHT and maximise your legacy to your loved ones. Our experts will look at your individual circumstances; devise a plan that works best for you, so that you can concentrate on what matters most.
We can help you with:
- Creation of charitable trusts
- Trusts and other tax efficient structures for managing and cascading family wealth and business assets
- Trusts, companies and funds
- Acquisition and disposal of assets including artwork
- Capital gains tax
- Charitable/philanthropic donations
- Corporate tax
- Employee benefit and share incentive schemes
- Income tax
- Inheritance tax
- Real estate/portfolio investments
- Multi-jurisdictional tax planning