The Pitfalls of Councils as Charity Trustees 26th September 2023
Our Charities team explore the pitfalls that Councils and Local Authorities often face when dealing with charitable trusts.
This webinar looks at:
- The duties of Councils as charity trustees
- Identifying charitable trusts and who within the Council can make decisions about those trusts
- How charitable trusts should be dealt with separately from the management of the Council and its land
- Identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- The additional requirements when disposing of charity land; and finally
- Good practice for Councils to avoid these pitfalls.