Laura specialises in the area of disputed wills, trusts and probate. Laura is regularly instructed by charities, executors, trustees and beneficiaries in relation to the challenge of wills/trusts, disputes between executors/trustees and beneficiaries, claims for reasonable financial provision, court of protection proceedings and professional negligence claims. In 2018 Laura was recognised as a specialist in the field of contentious probate and trusts when she was accepted as a member of ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists). Laura is also a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners Association (CoPPa).
Laura has experience dealing with all types of dispute in this area, including;
- Disputes between executors/trustees and beneficiaries (including applications for removal and claims for breach of duty).
- Challenges in relation to the validity of a will (formality, testamentary capacity, knowledge and approval, undue influence and fraud).
- Varying or setting aside a trust based on mistake, misrepresentation or fraud.
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975.
- Actions of an attorney pre-death and the dissipation of assets.
- Rectification of wills.
- Burial disputes.
- Related professional negligence and property claims.