Ruth is an insolvency specialist acting for companies, individuals, directors, creditors and office holders in relation to all aspects of insolvency, both contentious and non-contentious. Ruth deals with both personal and corporate insolvency and acts for Insolvency Practitioners in relation to all aspects of their appointments. She advises both creditors and companies in financial difficulties on their options and is experienced in defending claims by office-holders and advising company directors in relation to proceedings for disqualification or breach of duty.
Ruth’s recent experience includes:
- Appointment of administrators and receivers.
- Sale and purchase of businesses out of administration and liquidation.
- Pursuing and defending applications in relation to preference, transaction at undervalue, wrongful and fraudulent trading, transactions defrauding creditors, misfeasance and breach of duty.
- Asset recovery and preservation.
- Retention of title.
- Advising companies in financial difficulties, particularly those that are the subject of winding up petitions, including applications for validation orders.
- Advising directors on their duties and responsibilities.
- Dealing with director disqualification proceedings and applications for leave to act while disqualified.