Since 25th May 2018 The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and the new Data Protection Act 2018 ("DPA") have provided the legislative homework for data protection in the UK.
Evaluating the impact of this new data protection framework on your business, implementing the necessary changes to your business practices, processes and, if necessary, IT systems and training your staff , will all take time and is an ongoing obligation.
As one of the Country’s leading law firms, our specialist Information Law team have been at the forefront of delivering the legal support and insight to enable organisations of all sizes to anticipate and meet the legal challenges they face in complying with the new data protection framework.
To complement our comprehensive legal service, we have now teamed up with a leading e-learning provider, to develop a cost effective online learning solution that will raise staff awareness of GDPR requirements.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
The course will ensure employees:
- Understand the importance of data protection law and the key data protection principles
- Understand the main changes introduced by the GDPR
- Understand how to help their employer comply with the security and new personal data breach reporting obligations.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is aimed at staff members in all organisations that handle personal data.
An introduction to data protection law
- The main changes introduced by the GDPR
- How you can help your employer comply with the security and personal data breach reporting obligations
To obtain further information, including pricing and the technical specification that integrates with all recognised learning platforms, please complete the details below.