Nicola is a Partner in the Property Litigation team. With an emphasis on commercial property, she is experienced in all aspects of real estate and landlord and tenant practice both commercial and residential. She specialises in portfolio management for landlords, including high-value dilapidation disputes, break clause compliance, forfeiture, interpretation of lease covenants, restrictive covenants/easements, adverse possession claims, trespass and nuisance. She acts for national corporate clients, public bodies, utility companies, building societies, and equity investment companies providing advice on:
- Termination of commercial tenancies including advising on conditions connected to the operation of a break provision; service of statutory notices and common law notices to quit.
- Lease renewal proceedings, including contested and uncontested applications for a new lease.
- Enforcement of lease covenants, including forfeiture for non-payment of rent or other breaches of lease covenants high-value dilapidation disputes.
- Representing clients in the First-tier tribunal (Property Chamber) in claims for adverse possession.
- Representing clients in professional negligence cases, including surveyors and solicitors in connection with property transactions.
- Advising on nuisance claims arising from interference with easements.